BTLJ welcomes previously unpublished
- Case notes; and
- Comments concerning any aspect of the relationship between technology and the law.
BTLJ does not publish book reviews.
BTLJ only publishes articles or notes by J.D. candidates as part of the Annual Review (Berkeley Law students only) and its Notes and Comments Competition. Spring 2015 Notes and Comments Competition Information.
- Documents must be submitted electronically via ExpressO in Word file format.
- Single-spacing and normal margins preferred.
- All citations should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010).
- If any portion of a manuscript has been previously published, the author must so indicate.
- Authors must submit CVs or resumes for each author.
- Accepted articles average 30-60 pages.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE & EVALUATION PROCESS
- Documents must be submitted electronically via ExpressO. Registration is simple and free.
- Evaluation involves scoring by multiple different editors, and rarely lasts fewer than 3-4 weeks.
- All requests for Expedited Review must occur via ExpressO.
- Decisions will be communicated via ExpressO.
- The Editors strongly urge each author to add the confirmation mail’s sender-address to a list of accepted senders. Authors should carefully determine if their spam filters are configured intercept BTLJ communications.
The following is a sample of our standard author agreement. Because the contract is entered into with the University of California, BTLJ does not have the power to change its terms. View the Standard Author Agreement (PDF 100Kb).
All other inquiries may be sent to the Submissions Editors at: .